A downloadable game
The idea for this had been in my head for a few years, I decided to take the code from Her Majesty's Royal Space Armada and modify it heavily so I could have a medieval, melee-oriented RTS. Main inspiration comes from the Total War series and Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns.
P - Pause game
Move mouse to the edge, or WASD - move camera
Mouse wheel - zoom in and out
Left mouse - select units or buildings
Drag left mouse - select multiple units
Right click - Move units to location
Hold right click - Move units to location and align them to face the mouse pointer
R - order units to retreat to the current mouse locaiton
Spacebar - see minimap and strategic overview (currently very laggy)
- You can move the camera and control units while the game is paused. Take your time to devise a strategy.
- You don't control individual units, you control large squads.
- Attack enemies by moving your squads into their squads. The center of a squad is its banner.
- Capture buildings by moving a squad directly on top of it
- Create new units with the button in the lower-right-hand corner.
- All of your new units appear at your castle.
- A new squad will contain only one unit, it needs to be near a castle or town to spawn new units
- Existing squads can heal and respawn units when not in combat near a friendly castle or town
- Attacking from the flank does x1.5 normal damage. Attacking in the rear does x3 damage!
- Units lose morale when they take damage, and will rout when their morale gets to 0
- Routed units can't be controlled until the white flag disappears
- You can't attack retreating units
- Capturing a town will increase your squad limit by 1. Castles give you 3.
- Win the game by controlling 8 towns.
- Eliminate a player by capturing their castle.
- Lose the game when an opponent controls 8 towns, or you lose your castle.
- Comitatenses beat Equites, Equites beat Sagitarii, Sagitarii beat Comitatenses
- Charging an enemy with Equites will do x2 bonus damage. This stacks with flanking/rear damage, so a charge from the rear will do x6 damage!
- It's better to retreat a wounded squad before it's routed or destroyed
- Squads will currently not change targets mid-battle. Therefore, attacking a squadron that's already in combat with a unit that counters it is very effective. (ex: an enemy archer squad is in combat; charge them from the rear with cavalry!)